Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is a condition where a person finds it difficult to control their urgency to drink. Alcoholism can result in an inability to control drinking due to physical or emotional dependence. Alcohol abuse has become a serious problem in India. Alcoholism can become a life-threatening disorder if left untreated. Alcohol treatment in India follows the global protocol.
Alcoholism is a disease that affects everyone around the alcoholic. Their families, workplace, and societies are all affected. People hesitate to treat themselves because they do not think they have a problem. Family and friends may stage an intervention to help them realize they have a problem and need professional help.
Alcohol treatment in India is done in various ways. Treatment may involve counseling, an outpatient program, or an alcohol rehabilitation center in India.
- Treatment for alcoholism will begin with detoxification which usually takes two to seven days. This is done under medical supervision to help you cope with any side-effect of withdrawal. Side-effects may include –shaking, confusion or hallucination or any other symptom.
- Psychological counseling in groups and individuals that help you understand your alcoholism and will provide support to deal with the psychological effects of giving up alcohol. Family or couples therapy may be beneficial as family support is an important part of your recovery. A therapist will help you identify triggers, build a support system, and set goals.
- Oral and injected medication is prescribed to make drinking alcohol less enjoyable.
- A psychiatrist will treat any underlying mental disorder. This may include therapy or medication.
- Common medical problems associated with alcoholism are treated.
- At Roar Wellness we teach spiritual techniques such as meditation to calm the mind.
People with severe to moderate alcoholism are treated in alcohol rehabilitation centers in India. These are residential treatment facilities and are for 1 to 3 months. Rehabilitation for alcohol includes medical detox, psychotherapy, and the use of medication. Alcohol rehabilitation center in India has the following goals
- End alcohol abuse
- Establishing an affirmative support system is very important after completing rehabilitation.
- Patients are encouraged to improve their general health and lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Improve personal, professional, educational circumstances or goals.
Roar Wellness is the best alcohol rehabilitation center in India based on 12 steps of recovery model. It has helped many patients overcome alcoholism. Assuring complete confidentiality, the program provides support after the patient leaves the facility.